Monday, October 24, 2022

Calorie Deficit Day 1

 Today was the start of something new. Meal planning, workout schedules, focusing on me. I can't be the best wife or mom if I don't take care of myself, and that is been lacking. In more ways than one lately. 

Yesterday I had a talk with a friend and she mentioned that when we don't take care of ourselves we begin to feel unbalanced. That really sparked something in me. I haven't been taking care of myself at all. I've been so focused on everyone else and the stress has been mounting. So, this morning I woke up and chose me. 

I dropped kids off at school and drove immediately to the park where I walked about 1.2 miles. I came home and got ready for the day, which included getting dressed in something other than athletic pants and a sweatshirt. See, I've have forgotten things that make me feel good about myself. I came up with a mental list of things that help me feel centered. It's not a large list and they aren't even big things, but they are things that matter to me and I'm ready to do them. 

First and foremost, my devotional time. I've gotten into a semi regular routine of getting up early and doing a short devotional before work in the morning. I try to do something in the evenings as well, but those are hit and miss right now. Maybe that is something I can focus on. 

The next thing on my list was working out. Something as simple as a walk makes me happy. I have learned that I really like working out, maybe not the actual act, but how I feel once I've done it. I feel accomplished, I feel good. 

Getting dressed. I know that I can't always wear something cute or something that I feel great in, but on the days where I don't work I should be putting in that effort. And doing it just for me. I used to love putting together outfits, shopping. I don't enjoy the shopping part quite as much anymore these days, but putting together and outfit is still fun for me. 

Lastly, reading and music. I listened to some music at work on Friday and was in a great mood! I was singing along and dancing a little and the day went by rather quickly. And the other night I read an entire book! It was so nice to just sit and relax and lose myself in a fictional world. 

With this list along with eating better I hope to find a new balance in my life. I tracked calories today, I made good food choices, while still eating things I loved. Most importantly, I feel really good about my day and the choices I made. Intention. That's the word I am choosing to live going forward, with intention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment